Sunday, October 7, 2007

Indecisiveness

I said NO! NO NO NO! I will not commit myself to this society again! NO! And I was damn steadfast in my decision!

But guess what...?

I ran for the secretary position in the Malaysian Society.

This was my speech:

----------------------------------**------------------------------------
Good evening everyone,

Hi! I am running for the secretary position.

Let me start with my Personal details:
My name is Lum Pek Lynn. My friends call me Pek Lynn but most people know me as Lynn.
I’ll be 22 this coming December. I have a set of parents as well as two older brothers who loves me. Growing up in a family of three men, naturally, I’ve adopted certain masculine characteristics, which, I must say, enhances my ability to strive through tough situations with persistence and vigour. Nevertheless, my mother’s soft and loving nature did have its effect on me too.
I was brought up in a family that values patience, honesty, and dedication. Apart from being supportive, my parents have thought me the importance of being responsible and persevere through any challenges.
Affiliated with a Religious organisation, my father has been a secretary for about 15 years. And his passion for his work has brushed off on me and stirred the interest in that department. It may not be an ambitious role, but I have always dreamed to become a personal assistant or a secretary as I am a meticulous person and I love to keep track on things.
Now, to more Technical details:
- I have knowledgeable insight to the usage of Microsoft Office.
- I have been a secretary for a committee before; hence have the experience in the filed.

Hence, by combining these two characteristics, I know that I will be able to deliver what is necessary as the secretary of MASA.

Thank You!

----------------------------------**------------------------------------

What do you think? Would I get the position? Was it a winning speech?

Personally, I felt it was very crapy! And I definately embarrassed myself! :"(

No comments: