Monday, December 22, 2008

L.0.V.3

A very important virtue that is lacking in the world today is L.O.V.E!

With LOVE, do you not agree that we will be living in peace and harmony?

With LOVE, do you not think that we will be color blind and view each person as they are and not appearance?

With LOVE, would you not have more trust and faith in people?

I had a discussion with my Junior Youth Group about the World we live in. We had a canvas to draw our thoughts and views about the world we live in.

First they drew pictures that depicted sadness, environmental degradation, wrote words like Global Warming, Violence, Disrespectful behavior...



Then a question was posed to them, what do you feel about our future? Do you feel Optimistic OR Pessimistic? Their answers were adorable (hence I stand firm on my belief that these young-ens are still naive to the negativity of this world, their thoughts still pure and undisturbed).

The youngest of the group said: "I feel both optimistic and pessimistic. Pessimistic because there are so many bad things happening now. Optimistic because we can do something about it."

Next, I asked them to recreate our canvas...from something that looked negative to something that depicted the world they want to live in.


Within minutes, our canvas was filled with optimism and good thoughts...It was beautiful!


Heck, if that is what the world will be like with these future generations leading the way, I do hope I will live to witness such a victory!


No comments: